Hearty, roaring, silent, giggling, chuckling, snorting, cackling, smiling – who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh!?! We all laugh in different ways and find different things funny, but usually when one person laughs and others hear, they can’t help but join in. Laughter is infectious!
Research shows that the more you think positive thoughts about yourself and focus on your achievements, the happier you feel!
The average person laughs 17 times a day
What’s so good about laughter?
- Relieves stress and anxiety and helps us deal with daily pressures
- Produces endorphins, which make us feel good
- Builds self-confidence
- Helps with weight loss – it’s true! 10 minutes of laughter burns about 45 calories
- It strengthens the immune system and heals the body
- Reduces pain
- Oxygenates the blood and expands your lungs
- Reduces blood pressure
Have a laugh!
Add a little laughter (or a lot!) to your day. To get you started,try these…
- Hanging out with people who make you laugh
- Reading funny stories or jokes
- Thinking about some of the things that have made you crack up in the past
- Making someone else laugh until you join in
- Watching a funny movie