If you choose to be in a relationship, remember – a healthy relationship is about respect!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T- find out what it means…
- Feeling comfortable to be yourself
- Being free to say “No” to things you don’t want to do
- Accepting differences – ideas, beliefs, feelings and opinions
- Giving and receiving support – including when you’re making decisions
- Talking honestly and openly and listening to each other
It’s OK to be Single!!!
You don’t have to be in a relationship or hooking up with someone -enjoy being single and be happy with who you are.
You’ll have more time to focus on all the other important things in your life – like your friends, family, sports, music, school, dancing, shopping and getting to know yourself better!!
The better you know yourself -the better you will know what you want from a relationship and when you’re ready for a relationship!
Remember – being single is better than being in a bad relationship!
It’s OK not to have sex! Even if you are in a relationship or hooking up it doesn’t mean that you have to have sex. Whether you choose to have sex – or even kissing and touching – it’s your decision every time.
Sex can be an intense and emotional experience “so” and it’s important to be ready for how you might feel.
Remember… the decision to have sex is yours. If you’re not feeling safe, or are unsure – then you’re probably not ready to have sex.
Did you know…. 70% of high school girls polled by iNSPiRE have not had sex
Is he worth it?
How can you tell? Here are some hints to help you decide if he’s a good choice for you!
- He asks you about yourself – your interests, what you like and what you want to do
- He listens to you
- He respects you (have you read about what respect is on page 20
- You feel safe and comfortable around him
- Other girls like him as a friend
- He doesn’t try and pressure you to do things you don’t want to do
- You laugh and have fun together
- He doesn’t treat you differently in front of his mates